Joining a new company of robots!

I still remember the day I joined this company. Bag on one hand and my file on the other, I entered this big office. I was all geared up for the new job! New role, new responsibilites, new people – I was so excited.
The HR time – little scary since I knew I didn’t have all the required documents. She called me in! There I was facing a very tiny face with a equally tiny structure! I thought to myself – why should I be scared of her!! She made me pull a chair by her and sit down. I observed her dress – not much impressive and not at all the types a HR wears! If you don’t understand what I mean – let me explain. She was just wearing some kind of those Afgan “Harem” pants and a T-shirt. Now, have you ever seen a HR wearing a “Harem” on a Monday morning??
Next, she didn’t give me much time to keep looking at her weird sense of dressing. She aksed me to fill in the forms and all the rest of formalities followed.
I met my manager who in turn introduced me to one of my team mate. He walked me through the office and even showed me the cafeteria!! I was happy at the hospitality! I thought I was in safe hands! I got my seat, my phone, my name plate and my very own drawers!! I was just loving it. I thought to myself – “Wow man! This company would rock!!” And then came my system – and guess what, it was a DT. In case you don’t know whats a DT then let me tell you I got a Desktop computer! And I was like – “A laptop would have done wonders! Anyways!”
One by one the team mates started coming in and I got myself introduced to them. First session – not bad. Now was the time to meet my team leader(TL). The moment I saw him my imaginations ran wild. He looks so much like a tortoise!!! His small head managing to pop out of his shirt and a very hefty figure which looked much like the shell of the tortoise! Wow!! Okay that was very much the first day. Not much of work, just some trainings here and there.
The next day I was expecting some good work, some better interaction with the people. But alas, the world is not what it looks like!! And I realised it in not more than a couple of days. All the creatures sitting by me, were actually robots. They didn’t interact with anyone untill and unless there was a die hard need! No body ever laughed, if ever they would just give a poor smile which would start in some corner of the lips and die out even before it reaches the mid of the lips! I had the feeling of being sitting in a graveyeard – silence prevailed. May the souls work in peace! I was so bugged up. I picked up my cell phone and just walked out. I called my friend and shouted – “I can’t work here! I would just go crazy!” And I went on explaining him what all was happenning. He could not but feel pity for me. After the talks with him, my feeling of moving out of the company was even strong. I knew I would not be able to adjust in such a place.
However, I started to interact with people around me and tried to get them talking. I tried making them smile. I started working with them and started exploring ways to get friendlier to them. I thought if I help them with their work then maybe they would open up a bit! I took up maximum amount of work. I started doing what I am best at – automating the work. I got myself busy.
I was not allowed to talk. If I do, the general aura would be like – “Oh! She thinks she can run the company!”. Experience was the only factor that mattered here. Education – whats that?? More and more I felt cut-out from them. I too started refraining myself from stepping into garbage. Whats the use – I would only get my shoes spoiled!
With time nothing around me changed. They were still those robots. I took up more work and they started taking advantage of me. They started loitering around with their group of friends and putting all work on me. One single tea break for the robots would last not lesser than 45 minutes. So you could imagine the time they would need to reboot their systems! I was getting frustrated now.
Then came my marriage. I became too busy with my personal life and hence little or no time to ponder over whats happenning in office. I was all engrosed in my self! And I was loving it. People say, when your time is running good and stars start favouring you, you start enjoying luck. And lucky I was. I got a call from one of the best company in the world. They wanted my time for an interview. I was skeptical. I was not at all prepared for any interview. But I gave it a shot. I must say I didn’t do well in it. I was left grasping for words. Post the interview I cursed myself for not being able to do well. But marriage thoughts soon overpowered all other thoughts. I was back into my world.
Marriage came and went by. I got just a week’s off and was back to office! But now things were a little different. I was married! I was wearing colorfull dresses and bangles which made my world so beautiful and colorfull! Couple of weeks passed by and then guess what happened. I got a call again from the same company! They wanted to have a face-to-face interview with me. I was all wowed! I was there the very next day and guess what - I got the job.
Rest is all history now - I quit the company I was working with. I was finally out of the grave. I bid my last goodbye to the tortoise and all the rest of robots! I was now living life again. There are humans surrounding me. I moved on to join the new. This is one interesting chapter. And I would try putting it in a different note. Till then take care!

Comments

  1. Well said, well written and well described
    But sometimes there's much more to life than work
    That's why I say "Kit-Kat break to banta hain bhai" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement Pritam da... And "kit kat break" - you know what at times there would not be even a water break!!! Kit kat was just miles and miles away! But then... now is the time for some rock and roll!! Have loads of cadbury and njoy the present!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hindi - the National Language of India?

Axomia - the cultural heart!

The land of rivers - Dhubri