The Child

The glittering and the twinkling eyes
The laughter in our house never dries!
The little hands that do litter
No, they do not turn our moods bitter!

Many barbies and stuffed toys
There is no end to our joys.
Kitchen sets and fishing kits
The cars and the train sets that fits!

The non-stop chatter
What's there on that platter?
The eager questions that arise
Its like Einstein in disguise!

Whether to wear a frock or a knicker
Can I please have another snicker?
How is it that we bake a cake?
Oh! Please tell me for Christ's sake!!

Has puppy now become a star?
Why has he gone so far?
Can you please put all my chocolates in the pink jar?
O Mamma, Can we please pet a jaguar?

How is it that a truck is made?
Is that a jasmine or a jade?
What is it that mamma is afraid?
Oh! I'm an expert in persuade!

The cycling around
I go round and round
Why do you laugh at my frown?
Do you think I'm a clown?

The shells that I collect from the sea-side
Daddy, let's go for a long ride!
Or let us go swing and slide
Or let me play the beautiful bride!

Enough for now
Don't ask me how!
Just clap your hands 
And shout "Wow"!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hindi - the National Language of India?

Axomia - the cultural heart!

The land of rivers - Dhubri