Taste of success

In the game of life
Day to day we see too many strife
Its like walking bare foot on a sharp knife
And yet, We always have to thrive!

Why is it that we need to compete
No, there ain’t a way for us to cheat!
How is it that we still beat the heat
And work so hard, that we don’t end up on the street..

My life had been clean
It was all rosy and all so green
I tried to be never mean
To face all challenges, I had always been keen.

Lending a helping hand whenever I could
You all know me, I had always been good!
Life yet burned me like I was some wood 
Like burning charcoal I stood...

Race and more race
Sometimes I hid my face
Ashamed of my first defeat that I had seen
The territory that I had never been!

I try and try, 
somewhere the confidence going dry
In dark moments I do cry
I look up to the sky and ask why?

There had been people who still did believe
Who pulled me out and made me roll up my sleeve
The dreams that I weave
They showed me that I could achieve!

And then things turn
The passion in me burn
Yet again, I yearn
And my lost position, I did earn..

Finally, I did rise again
This time, my face towards the rain
I didn’t let their believes go in vain
And the little taste of success that I finally attain!!





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hindi - the National Language of India?

Axomia - the cultural heart!

The land of rivers - Dhubri