Another milestone...

We started today just as usual. As me and my hubby were sipping tea and my toddler was playing around, we started discussing about her schooling! This has been a discussion topic for quite some time now. Since October to be precise! But as usual, we were not able to make up our mind that she is ready for school.

This time it was no different. We had been thinking and thinking. We bought her school bag, bottle, even a lunch box. But, the main thing was not yet done. Our mind was not made. We were just not able to think that she is good to go. Don't the kids always appear too young!

Anyways, today I thought let's just give it a try. I asked my hubby to make the admissions atleast. We could send her as we like. But then I though let's try it today! Let's just take her along and see how she reacts. My hubby was frowning. He told don't be too haste!

But I was all done. I knew if we think too much it would only be delayed. So let it be done. Let it be today. I gave her a quick bath and we all got ready for the show.

On the way, I took her to the temple. I want her to be safe always. So... Okay, we reached school and I had a talk with the lady in chage. I told her my hubby would complete the formalities. Mean while am I allowed to just test her by putting her in the play group. The incharge agreed. So off we went to the first floor. The toddler section was in the first floor.

The rooms were neat. All well arranged. The kids were noisy, but that's what they are supposed to do. So one of the attendent carried my daughter into the room. At first my daughter was reluctant. She hold me tight. But when I explained she did go.

My daughter is a sweet child. She is brave, unlike me. The moment she went inside the room, it was me who cried. She didn't!! :)

It was all good. My daughter was cool. She kept watching the other kids. I though she would be fine and went downstairs. I sat there crying!! So I went up again after some time. This time she saw me in the stairs and couldn't hold herself. She burst out in tears.

I rushed to her. Picked her up. Consoled her. My hubby to joined me by then. We made her understand. Again, she went back with the attendants.

This time she knew for sure, mommy and papa are there. So she started playing a bit. Was seated more comfortably. Though I was not comfortable!! Anyways, I too was trying to explain myself that this is a necessity. So I had to be strong. Obviously I want to see my daughter grow up successful.

At this point of time, I am not bothered about how much she learns there. How much she concentrates. All I want is her to make friends, to be more extrovert, to explore the world more, to get out of my shadow. I hope she shines.

So the hour passed by. We thought it was enough for a day. In the mean time my hubby too had completed the admission formalities. So I went upstairs again and got her! This time, she didn't cry. She was silent. She hugged me tight. I knew her feelings. But I had to be strong too.

On the way back we celebrated our accomplishment! We had talks about her time in the class. And finally, she is prepared to go tomorrow. Only tomorrow would say, how it turns out. But for now, it's awesome!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hindi - the National Language of India?

Axomia - the cultural heart!

The land of rivers - Dhubri