Cricket Team India Crumple - once again!

India versus Australia matches going on. For any Cricket lover it was supposed to be a delight - a treat to the eyes! For Australia fans, yes it was. Australia outplayed India in all the spheres; bowling, batting and fielding, of course. For hundreds of thousands of India fans like me, we had to be satisfied with the superb efforts put in by Australia, and clap a few times for them! They really showed some team spirit and class.


The beginning of the tour none of the team India fans must have thought of such humiliating defeats. No, at least I didn't. Not a single win in 4 matches. Oh common, we deserve more. We have a good team. We have the greats of MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli, Ravinder Jadeja, Shikhar Dhawan... All the 11 member in fact. Or wait, was it that I was expecting more? Maybe. :(

Have been following cricket since such small age that I do not even remember when! All I do have vague memory of sitting along with my father and brother and cheering for the team. We grew up playing the game. I remember talking with my headmistress in school for a holiday during the 1996 India playing Pakistan World Cup Quarter final! Such was the craze.

Well, over the years, if I remember correct 1998 and years following, when the episodes of match fixing were in the air, I lost some of the interest in the game. However, didn't really give up on it.

2011 saw the world cup being picked up by India. What a pleasure!!! I can recall almost every match... Every ball played by Yuvraj Singh... Sachin Tendulkar, the moment they picked him up on shoulders and circled the whole field. Pheeew. Can still feel that ecstatic moment.

Since then what? Team India needs to make some radical changes. Some brainstorming. More practices. More, much more team spirit. The World Cup 2015 saw the demoralising spirit in the teams! For heaven's sake where was the fire?

Some of you might argue saying I am amongst those who cannot take a defeat easily. It's not so. I respect the team. I love it when they win. I support them even when they lose. But if we carefully notice, since 2011 world cup we have lost all overseas series. Why? Are we so weak? Who is to be blamed? We, the spectators? The players? The management? Or the team spirit? I think its the team spirit. Let me know what you think...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hindi - the National Language of India?

Axomia - the cultural heart!

The land of rivers - Dhubri