Mirror Mirror on the wall...


Interesting topic and one, widely discussed. Beauty! Well the word itself is so beautiful, isn't it? Beauty, as the very well known saying goes, lies in the eyes of the beholder.

To me, beauty is about the inner beauty. Complexion, body statistics, a pretty smile or most stunning eyes, might actually have a very poor, selfish heart enclosed in its ribs! Yes, it might. And I only find people with a warm heart, beautiful! Alluring they look.

When people have a handsome heart, we can actually feel it. Why, that shabby looking person who helped that old lady with her luggage, is beautiful! That person who offered the old man his seat, is charming too. And not to be forgotten, the cute child who saved the kitten from drowning. Ain't she good-looking. Sure she is! She is attractive.

The encouraging words we hear from a person when we are so low and hurt. That person is pretty. The warm hug we get when we are crying, oh so beautiful.

You might be thinking why I am writing all these today! Well yesterday was not my day. It went on real bad. But I had this friend. Yes, friend she is. I do not know how. We bonded well during our post graduations but fell apart soon.

Later in life, destiny gave us a chance to get close again. Low that I was feeling yesterday, I pinged her. She instantly responded. She realised i was in some pain. She asked me what.

So we had a detailed discussion. I was all negative. She was the one trying to boast my morale. She was trying to cheer me up. I realised how hard she was trying. 'Coz it never easy to get me talking when I am off-mood.

So well, I was still lurking in the dark and in the heat of the moment I told her how dark I am. How my heart is dark. How my life is black! Now this lady, in a very comical sense, mentioned about her complexion. She told "Don't tell me... What will be my complexion?" I was taken aback!

I didn't respond. But today in this blog, I state it clear "You are the most beautiful person, dear". I say this not because you were there for me yesterday. Not because you raised the point yesterday. Not because I am emotional now. But because, over the years, I have known you.

It's my pleasure to have you as my friend. May we always be. If you happen to read this...you would realise, it's for you...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hindi - the National Language of India?

Axomia - the cultural heart!

The land of rivers - Dhubri