Pregnancy - the blessing.

Of late many of my friends are trying to conceive. Obviously, all feel age is slowly slipping out of our hands. With every passing day, our discussions are getting more and more serious. Some days I feel so depressed with all the talks and the helplessness. I can literally feel the pain, the pain they and other ladies are going through.

I was quite lucky in this case. Me and hubby just had a conversation while driving down from office that maybe we need to plan a child soon. Immediately after that I went on vacation for some 3 weeks. So when I was back we both were literally too happy to be together again! And there it went. Just 20 days later we found out I was pregnant!

My pregnancy was a drama in itself. I was expecting my periods and I didn't get it. I am typically the types who get nervous when things don't happen as it should be. So when my periods got delayed, I was at the gynae clinic. She asked if I could be pregnant. And obviously I wasn't sure!!

So well, she gave me some iron tablets and told to chill. If not pregnant, I would get my very dued periods in a day or two! So well, we waited. But no, no traces. We tried some home kits to check for pregnancy. But naah, all were negative.

So one fine day as I was talking with one of my best friends, she asked me to recheck with a home kit. I walked to the nearby pharmacy and got two home kits. All the while talking with my bestie, I did the test. That was the 9th time I was actually trying out! And lo and behold, there it showed up. Two lines!! I disconnected my call with my friend and called my spouse. I told him I wasn't sure.

My spouse was more excited than me. He immediately left for home and was with me in exact 20 minutes! I don't know how fast he must had been driving!!

Anyways, so there I was showing the result in the home kit to my spouse and he told, yes!!! But still not very sure we went for a blood test. The results were to be given the next day. So we waited.

The next day, we both drove to the hospital. And there it was confirmed. We were pregnant!!!! So that's how our journey started.

We informed our families. Joy was the only feeling in all our hearts. Waiting eagerly for the arrival of the baby was all we could do. The blessing was bestowed. But life is not a slice of cake. And we had our share of ups and downs too. Till I write my next...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hindi - the National Language of India?

Axomia - the cultural heart!

The land of rivers - Dhubri