In the spirit of the game...

I couldn't really watch Asia Cup finals yesterday. Specially the India batting. I was down with viral fever and immune system just gave way! :(

However, I still remember that when my spouse sneaked into the bed after watching the match, I didn't fail to ask him "Who won?" To which he gloriously replied "We"!!

Not that I had doubts in my mind of who would win. Infact it was my confidence on the team that made me feel "It's okay to retire to bed. My team would do it right!".

Today morning as we were discussing the match over our morning cup of tea. My hubby's eyes were glittering as he spoke of MSD. Indeed why not. He hit couple of sixes and a boundary. He made 20. He was the man who finished the match in style!! A sixer to seal the victory and with that the mouths of all the fans of the rival team who had circulated images of his severed head. Frankly I found that move very cheap. I mean I understand you love your team. I understand you want to see your team win. But degrading someone else? Common that's simply not acceptable!

I am not an ardent fan of MSD myself. But cannot really understand such immature behavior! Cricket is but a gentleman's game. And let it remain so....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hindi - the National Language of India?

Axomia - the cultural heart!

The land of rivers - Dhubri