February - A trip down the memory lanes...

February is a mixed month for me every year. On one hand, I lost my dad in this month. On the other, my hubby and my baby, both have this month as their birth month. And every year its the same story, starts off sad and filled with immense joy later on.

My dad passed away on the 8th of Feb, early morning around 3am. Tragedy struck us real hard. We were young, very young. Over night it felt like we had to be matured. I wouldn't cry in front of my mother and brother thinking they would feel sorry too. And maybe they had the same feelings. But whenever alone, in the bathrooms, I would burst out. That's continued for days. Days turned into months. Months into years.

Time passed by. I got a job and finally moved away from my home town. And here I met the man of my life. He was a bad guy. He irritated me. He would drive me nuts. Annoyed as I used to be, little did I notice how good he was. He made every attempt to make me happy. Finally, February started to be little better for me. It was 'his' birth month.

Life went on. We got married. Like a fairy tale, our story unfolded too. And then came the princess, our princess. She was the one who made February best. Yes, she was born in February too. I started living February again. I started planning the month. I started looking forward to it.

Ain't all these miracles? When I used to think that February was the worst month of the year. When I used to think of when the month would come to an end. Then Ganpati send me my love and my princess. He showed me its not the month that's bad. Its just how life is. We need to look forward. We need to enjoy life, life as it happens. Darkness leads to brighter lights. It happened in my life. It would in yours too. God bless. And keep faith.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hindi - the National Language of India?

Axomia - the cultural heart!

The land of rivers - Dhubri