Almost Three years now...

Come february and my little baby would be three!! Yes, almost three years back, in the onset of evening I was on the way to The Cradle. I didn't know it was 'The Day'!!


While waiting for a normal delivery, in delivery pain that I was in, I was informed about the emergency C-Section. Why? Well, as per the doc, the fetal's heartbeat was going haywire. Reason-"Mommy is nervous". Need I say, how nervous I must had been??

Hardly, 15-20 mins and there the doc was holding a little someone and telling me "Look she is here"! Wow! There she was... green yellow whatever color she was...but she was beautiful!! Shivering like I was in the Antarctic, the after effect of Anasthesia I was moved to our cabin.

Meanwhile, the head nurse washes the baby and went to my mommy and told her - "The grandmother gets to see the Pink child first"!!! Yes, she was Pink... that was her color!!

There she was wrapped in the pink blanket we got for her, her face was so distinctly resembling her father! While the grandmother was enjoying the view, the father was weeping away in the alley and the mommy was lying semi conscious in the hospital bed! Pain and happiness all felt at once! Such amazing feeling for both the mommy and the papa.

Finally I was all awake and my little one was lying there in a cradle next to me. Holding the little one in my arms, i could actually see a mini me. My product!! By God's grace there she was sleeping off peacefully on my lap. Love knows no bounds. The little one makes you realise how much you can love someone. How much we can worry about!!

No looking back, the years have passed. Yet love for the little one only grows. I do get annoyed at times. But that innocent smile keeps me going. It acts as the fuel to my engine.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hindi - the National Language of India?

Axomia - the cultural heart!

The land of rivers - Dhubri