One bad day...

Yesterday was not really a good day. Got so terrified, I could have almost had a heart attack. No its not because I saw a ghost! But beacuse I saw my 34 month old kid choking!

The day started of so well, with me and hubby making chicken together. The kiddo was also in a good mood and playing with us. We had our breakfast, which is usually more of brunch and then just went outside to get some sunshine and some other stuff.

This episode happened when we were back and were feeding the litle one. Though she can feed herself now. But because we had chicken yesterday, so I thought I would give her a helping hand. By that time, the toddler was in a different mood and moving all over the place and we were just trying to move along with her and put a morsel of food in her mouth every now and then. All was going off preety well. We were almost towards the end of things when the incident struck. The little one, all of a sudden put her hand into her mouth, something like she was gagging. We didn't know what exactly went wrong but assuming she choked, we patted her back. And then asked her if she was fine and patted her chest too. But she didnt seem to be comfortable. Although she was breathing well now. But didnt look well to me. So I asked her what it was. She told she was facing some pain. Pain? I told my hubby "Let's go to the doctor"

My hubby though, little more composed, told the baby looked fine. And we could go if required but he felt the kid was doing good. Though I wanted to believe him, but I was too scared by that time. Scared seeing my daughter gagging. Scared seeing her put her hand in her mouth. Scared thinking it might be me due to whose fault my little one might be in pain! :(

The little one looked fine. Breathing at ease. After some time she slept on me. I didn't put her on the bed or anywhere else because I wanted to keep a tab on her. Keeping her there on my chest, I sat down on the couch. I kept her like that till she woke up, fresh! That smile on her face gave me the relaxation that yes, she is better.

Nevertherless, we did take her to the doctor in the evening. She is anyways having cough. Got her medicines. She is fine. Doctor told me not to google much!!!

The episode was over. But that scene of my daughter in pain is still lingering in my thoughts. Maybe it would take some time to free myself from the guilt. And indeed, I should google little less.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hindi - the National Language of India?

Axomia - the cultural heart!

The land of rivers - Dhubri