Life with A four year old

Life with a child is a challenge always. You might think what's new about it. We all know that. Everyday is a new day and the kids can show very different and interesting things everyday!

My kid is now four and life with her is turning out to be a real ultimatum. The remonstrance she shows every single day feels like a trial every day! The little one's mind runs in different direction and they have the energy to keep exploring their inquisitiveness in an unending manner. But for me as a mom, it's​ a hunting task to keep answering every question of hers and keep running behind her all the time.

I feel its not my task really to be all the time entertaining my child. Although I like spending time with her, but I want her to be self entertaining. Hence I have now restricted myself a bit. I sit down and play with her for sometime and then ask her to do it herself. I am there, somewhere around and not completely loosing track of what she is doing. I keep a watch on her.

And my child has coped quite well. She now spends time playing with her soft toys and other playsets while I'm around. She understands me.

Couple of days back I had a bad muscle spasm and couldn't even move much. During those days my darling child didn't bother me at all. She didn't force me to play with her or take her to the park! I was surprised by her maturity. This only proves that if we explain things to our kids they understand. And their empathy levels are much higher than adults.

I have learnt that we don't need to be playing 24*7 with our kids. We need to talk with them. Explain our life to them. Play whenever possible. Help them learn. Kids are darlings. They learn. Thank God they learn. And if they misbehave, mind it it's our drawback not the kids! They are just being their age.

My child too throws tantrum at times. But when I bend down to her level and talk with her, she behaves. So it's always us who need to maintain our calm. Not expect our kid to-do that. And when we behave, they behave too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hindi - the National Language of India?

Axomia - the cultural heart!

The land of rivers - Dhubri