One rainy​ afternoon

Monsoon is here in Bangalore, much early as compared to it's history! Although it's believed to be the months of June to September when it rains here and kind of makes the city shiver with cold. Its arrival so early this year is making us quiver now, much before we could get the warmth of Summer! 




I first visited this place in 2007. And my bad, I was here in June. So monsoon it was. I was a fresher that time and was campus placed here with an MNC. Supposed to join on July 2nd so we arrived in time, by 28th of June. I had been suffering from some viral fever and the rains made it worse.

The company accommodation was in Bellandur. Where the hell is Bellandur? The moment I got down at the Krantivira Sangolli Rayanna railway station, ie the Bangalore railway station, I had exactly that question in mind. With the rain drizzling and no autos to rescue and me pulling my luggage, the first entry into Bangalore was gloomy!

Managing an auto,  we started to ply through the jammed roads. The sounds of the horns and the crude way the auto made it's way was petrifying for a small town girl!

Anyways, the accommodation was good. The people there turned to be very hospitable and friendly. I had it for 15 days and by that time had to look for some permanent place to put up. Meanwhile I joined office.


I remember I used to be very open with my words. And I had many people against me in the very start of my career. The badass girl that I had always been, was beginning to worry some of my so called well wishers in the office. 

I still remember some one, a localite here, telling me it's very difficult to manage your moral values when you are in Bangalore. Seriously? Does it mean that person who told me that is immoral? Does that mean all people here in Bangalore are immoral? No. I don't think so. Here I'm 10 years hence. And still with morality intact! And I am sure there are many such people.

However I was lucky and made some very good friends around. I had my spoc who had immense trust on my skills and knowledge. There was this instance when a project came up and he suggested my name. I still remember, someone from the high management say they couldn't trust a new joinee with such a high impact project. But my spoc was a very professional man. He confided in me and made me get the project done. The project was a huge success and by that time that high management person was with us here in Bangalore. And he was congratulating my spoc for the project. My spoc than right in front of everyone present in the meeting room, proudly announced that it was the new joinee who had done it! All eyes turned to me! The look on the face of the management was awestruck! I still remember their faces. And the sense of triumph I felt, cannot be explained in words!

And that was the beginning. Project after project I successfully did. Management started to rely and depend on me for lots of work! It was nice to be successful and better to be famous in the work place! 

Bangalore turned to be quite an experience for me. I met my love here. Got married and now a mommy to a four year old. Bangalore has given it all to me. And as for the people here, they are good to you if you are good to them. People in Bangalore has respect for the IT industry. People here are not worried about your looks. It's you talent that's valued here and that's the best part of this amazing place.

If you walk into a shop, people would not judge you for what you are wearing or how you look like. They are through professional. You pay them, they would provide the desired service. They have the brains to make the judgment. 




As for morality, these people are always seen offering prayers to the God's and goddess. They are such neatness freaks. How can they be immoral. Obviously there would be some. Every place has some of the immoral beings. So it's nothing to with the place. Morality is in your soul, it's in your mind.

Years passed. Today as I sit writing this and looking outside my window, I can still see the monsoon drizzling. As the drops fell on my garden balcony, I again feel alive. I feel the new joinee in me strong and ready to prove herself kind of spirit alive in me again! The Bangalore rain, the one which irritated me when I first stepped here is an inspiration now. Let me write... Let me be what I'm... Let me succeed... Let me ... Just let me be...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hindi - the National Language of India?

Axomia - the cultural heart!

The land of rivers - Dhubri