A wicked sister in law!

Life is testing us all the time. For me life had been quite a ride till now. But the one after my marriage had been the most dramatic! My in-laws, specially the sister-in-law (SiL) and mother-in-law (MiL). After having suffered a lot mentally,  I have now almost successfully learnt how to keep safe distance from them and keep conversations as minimal as necessary. Thank Heavens we do not have to stay together.

As a new bride I observed that the SiL was very interfering. When I say that I literally mean she wanted to come over with us to our short honeymoon! No, she was not a preschooler to not understand. She was good damn old enough to be a mother herself! Frankly,  I was very irritated. I remember during that time my spouse had taken a new job and hence he was not getting paid immediately and I had managed everything singlehandedly! No its not the money that I want to talk about here. Its the SiL. She wanted extra share of monthly pocket money, now that I am earning too! Really? And why should I give you that? Are you my responsibility? In short and simple, No!!

When she realized she would not get much money out of my hard earned pocket, she curved out other ways to make my life miserable. This time she went badmouthing me to her boyfriends, some which happened to be my spouse's friends! Now, one of them repeatedly calls me but my good, I was in office and missed them. So he calls my spouse to explain how evil I had been to her! For heavens's sake, what did I do?

When she got to know that my spouse didn't support her and infact we confronted her in front of their parents, she took a step back! Now she started speaking ill of me only to her mother. And they two would act like they love me when my spouse or his father are around and neglect me all other times. And, name-calling! Holy heavens, she used to do it so smartly that no one would understand, but me.

Not that she is not educated. She is. But what use is any education if you do not have the basic manners and empathy! All the education is just a waste. She uses it to full to make people around her feel what a sorry state she is in because of me! Only I know for sure what a bitch she is. Her competitions then started involving my daughter too! She was so shameless and evil that she couldn't even spare a new born! I still remember the question she asked my spouse when our daughter was born - "So now you would love your child?" What sort of question is this? The hidden reference was "You love your wife and hence have forgotten me and now you have your daughter too!"

Her small eyes would feel with jealousy when she saw anyone interact with me or my child. Immediately she would rush forward and say "Oh! I am also there!". Sick, really.

There are many things that keep happening, that I do not want to write here. My silence is giving me the strength to fight the situation. Hopefully I would fare well.

Now she is married. I thought that would be some relief but no, she has to hang on our necks. Infact being the daughter she knows exactly how to woo her mother. She is full on exploiting her. Trying to take every single penny from her. But thats a altogether different story. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hindi - the National Language of India?

Axomia - the cultural heart!

The land of rivers - Dhubri