I hit a century!

Yes, I just did! 😄

I feel so ecstatic! Its been a long journey. Of varied emotions - happy, thrills, sad, lame, egnited, cold! And with me, you have read them all and helped me grow! Started small, very small way back in 2011! And hardly four or five articles in the following years. Until last year and this. I have been writing my feelings, all put into words here in my blog.

Today while I jot down my heartiest thanks, I feel overwhelmed at the thought that no matter what there is someone who is reading them! I'm just a starter. Not an expert writer, not a master of vocabulary! But I manage to put across my thoughts, to the reader, I am sure about that!

While I lay here beside my sleeping daughter of four, I realize many of my articles have been based on this soul! She has been my inspiration. And so also is my spouse! Right from the days of pregnancy, when I was carrying her, I started an emotional bond with her. It was my first pregnancy and hence I went by the books! Obviously i didn't know anything and had to depend on Google for every small thing! Funny when I look back now.

Pregnancy had been quite a journey for me. Giving me lessons of patience. I had always been very wild! Someone on her toes always. Didn't like the idea of sitting down on the couch and munching nuts and watching tv! That had never been my way of life. I believed in get up and get going kind of attitude. But this little precious of mine, she has taught me patience.



I used to talk a lot with her when she was in my tummy! Being a person who doesn't talk much, it was difficult for me at first. But slowly I started enjoying talking to her! Her movements encouraged me to keep saying something or the other! Even after she was born, I was told she would learn to talk only if I talk more! And so I did! I used to keep talking with her whatever and however I felt! I used to explain how beautiful she is. How tiny and priceless. And she understood. Looking back I am surprised at how much I have started speaking because of her!

Now I enjoy snuggling with her on the bed with a blanket and reading her stories! I enjoy watching cartoons with her sitting on the sofa in the living room. I am the mother I never knew I could become! And my ferocious temper, God, how I had been effectively able to manage that! Only me and my God knows about that! From a very short tempered girl to a patient mom, I have evolved. It took time and much self determination, and I'm happy I did it! I hardly ever yell at her, forget hitting her! I love her just too much! She has made me a better person. Not that I was not good, I had always been empathetic. But she has given me the compassion. My precious child that she is.

The journey had been tough but I had been tougher. My kid has turned out to be a wonderful human being. People complain how their kids misbehave or throw things or hit! Mine doesn't. She is an angel who is just reforming me. I don't need to teach her, she teaches me!

So far, it has been an amazing cruise. And with the completion of this 100th article, I am sure I have a long way to go! Much long a voyage of blogging and motherhood for me ahead! With all of your best wishes, and with my child and spouse around, I would keep writing, putting my emotions to words here! Wishing you all the best and love...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hindi - the National Language of India?

Axomia - the cultural heart!

The land of rivers - Dhubri