I neglected myself, maybe!

Having a kid is a blessing. Everyone  wants a baby. But raising one is quite a task. We, the mothers often forget to take care of ourselves. Somewhere in the process of looking after our family and home, we tend to forget ourselves. 

As days roll on to months and months to years, we become more and more occupied and our self time diminishes to almost nothing. We keep toiling hard for our family. We keep working even when we are having a fever or worse, a heart disease. 

It is the same with me too. I am the one who wakes up first person in the morning. I prepare the food for the family, pickup the toys, arrange the house to make it look and feel like a home, until its time for my kid and spouse to wake up. Then I become the alarm clock and start singing "Good morning" as though I'm the best singer in the whole world! The days rolls on and as it almost ends at night, when everyone retires to bed, my work doesn't seem to end! 

Mommy, my finger hurts! 

What? What is it? What happened?

As i try to see what hurts my little one right before nap time, i realise its a ... its nothing! Still to brighten her mood, i wake up again and apply some antiseptic on it and kiss her good night. 

As I again turn to sleep, i hear the little voice again. This time she tries to be nice and hence wakes papa up.

Papa, i am thirsty!

I hand over the bottle to her , she takes a sip or two and then finally we think we are ready to sleep!

This and many other things are so much part of my daily routine. Over the years, i didn't realise that i too was getting aged! Haha the idea of getting old is funny! But yes, i have been neglecting my health, a lot. This i didn't realise until i was in the emergency unit yester night!



Yeah, I was hospitalised!


**To be continued 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hindi - the National Language of India?

Axomia - the cultural heart!

The land of rivers - Dhubri