Axomia - let's unite!

Assamese or Axomia, are culturally rich and sophisticated genre of people. Being born as a "Khar khua Axomia" had given me so many things to be proud of! Our heritage or our rich language, our brave spirit or our royal food! Everything is enough to make anyone crazy for our place and/or people.

However I see a couple of things missing amongst us. Kindly pardon me if I am too direct in this. But it's worth giving a thought.


2. Love for our own "Axomia" language - You agree with me or not, but we do have it missing to a great extent. Why? We all like to be philosophers and learn all the languages around us. We could talk in Hindi with a Hindi speaking person, we immediately speak in Bengali with a Bengali person. There is no harm in learning new languages but for heaven's sake can we give our language atleast that much respect that in our native land we make it mandatory? It's not too much to ask for, I am sure! And make it obligatory for the Non-Assamese to learn it. If we can learn then why not they? Let's have little love for our language, finally!

1. Unity - We, the Axomia people seriously need to unite. We need​ to have a common sense of brotherhood. It's no use trying to fool ourselves that we are united. While the fact is we are not! Let me cite a very vague example. In the diamond business, you would find all Gujrati people, all some way related to each other. Why? They trust only their people. Now think of this in Asom. We would give a job to anyone other than one Axomia. "Oh, why should  I help him? I have made my own mark!" Instead of feelings like "Oh, let me pull this guy. He is from my village". Seriously, kindly give a thought on this and let's all unite to make Asom a much better place. Let's take it to new heights!

Once we meet these two criteria, no one can raise the issues of what should be the official language of our state. Let's not give anyone a chance to raise their heads and question our very identity! We don't need to  be violent to protect it. We just need to give ourselves the respect we deserve. We are  Axomia and always would be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hindi - the National Language of India?

Axomia - the cultural heart!

The land of rivers - Dhubri