Papon - the man, the voice!

"Eeifale nasabi hefale nasabi, majote nasi thak"!!!

What a voice man! He is the only person I have written  an article on till date! I feel he has a voice superlative of Melodious. Angarag "Papon" Mahanta - the assonance, the Aria, the voice! The lead singer and the founder of the folk-fusion band  called "Papon and the East India Company" has many compositions under his belt! Recognized all over the world for his powerful themes and vocalizations. Taking the name of Assam to greater heights is this man. He is rewriting history with his golden voice.



Born to the famous Axomia singer couple - the great​ Khagen Mahanta and Archana Mahanta, Papon has brought many Laurels to Asom.

Such is his adornment that even Non-Assamese people ask me about him! I feel such a sense of pride at those moments. Anyone would, I'm sure. The most ecstatic moment I felt was when some members of the Punjabi Clan I am married to, told me "Oh Papon, what a singer he is! We love him." Cannot express my joy, really!

Singing many Bollywood songs apart from the folk Assamese ones​, he is a National sensation.

May his tribe always keep growing​.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hindi - the National Language of India?

Axomia - the cultural heart!

The land of rivers - Dhubri