Meeting up with an Old friend

Life, is beautiful with all its uncertainties, hurdles, rain and gain! Life gets better when we have a child. Being a parent is a blessing in disguise. It fills every corner of the heart that was ever empty.
A mother almost instantly move away from many things in life to be a perfect mother to her new born. I was no different. Sacrificing my career, friends, social circle, everything for my little one. She is still my heart. However now that she is four, I am little privileged to have some "me-time". Some timeouts for myself, to focus on myself!
Today was one such day. Finally after months I was out with a friend and had spent some much needed break with her. We had been planning since the time we had moved to Bangalore but somehow or other were not able to. So finally I decided it got to be this Saturday and we managed to fix ourselves a date! 
This friend, she is more like a sister to me. That's how I feel. I have always looked into her as a little sister. I have always tried to show her right direction whenever she had shared some of her issues with me. I have also shared many of my dark secrets with her. We both have been each other's saviour during our bad times!
Life as I was discussing earlier can be real hard on us. Me and my friend share a bond of pain! Somehow we both have faced too much of pain in our lives. Things go from good to bad to ugly in our lives and still some silver lining shows up and we hold on to it! It's always been our faith in the Almighty that has kept us going.
One things for sure is, life is testing us all the time. Be it me, my friend or anyone else. Life is never easy. Everyone is going through some pain or the other. Maybe some do not have a home, some money, some parents, some children, some education, some dresses, some food, etc etc. It's just that some people are just good at hiding their feelings. They can so well cover up their wounds that their lives look like a fairy tale!! But it's actually not the truth. Truth is bitter. Somewhere everyone is unhappy over something or the other.
The amount of wants are much more  than the needs! And hence the level of depression, anxiety and unhappiness is much more these days than it was maybe some 30 years back! My mom keeps telling me stories of how simple their lives used to be. How they used to play in the streets with small pebbles! And still they used to be happy. And look at us now, we have much more than we need and still we are unhappy!
However, meeting a friend is always happiness! The endless gossips, the leg-pulling, the serious discussions, everything is fun with a friend. And in this regard, I thank God. He has blessed me with such good ones!
The time-out was nice today! Though I missed my child, but being with a sidekick was golden! Hey friend God bless you!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hindi - the National Language of India?

Axomia - the cultural heart!

The land of rivers - Dhubri